maintaining polished concrete
Polished concrete floors are indeed versatile and durable, but it is important that minimum care is taken to ensure that the shine and sheen isn’t lost. Polished concrete, when not maintained properly, can make the floor look dull. Here are a few things that people need to know about maintenance before installing polished concrete floors;
- Unlike other floor types, polished concrete does not need wax polish or sealants. The floor is extremely durable thanks to the densification and extreme polishing that they are made to go through.
- The regularity of the mopping depends on the traffic that the floor is subject to. For instance, floors subject to heavy traffic have to be mopped once in a day to ensure that dust particles do not scratch the surface.
- Harsh chemicals used in common household cleaning solutions remove the shine from the floor. Instead, washing the floor with a mild detergent would suffice. But do not clean without the detergent; dust settles on the floor when plain water is used.
- Do not allow water to dry on the floor. The water stains left on the floor look ugly and are difficult to remove over time.
- Before wet mopping, make sure that you have mopped it well with a dry and soft cloth to remove the dust particles. This makes it easy for you to clean when wet mopping.
- Tea, oil and other staining products should be cleaned instantly. This is to prevent the concrete surface from absorbing any of the material. Stains on these floors can sometimes be permanent.
When looking for a company to undertake polished concrete jobs, make sure that you choose Kansas City based Concrete Solutions. The company has been in the industry for more than ten years and can guarantee utmost satisfaction.