People aren’t usually as enthusiastic about choosing polished concrete as they are about choosing other types of flooring such as ceramic tiles or marble. A common argument against their use is that they’re too difficult to maintain or that they’re very expensive. Some of them find concrete floors to be very cold and hence not suitable for cold climates. While it is true that polished concrete is expensive, it is also true that they repay over time- a perfectly done concrete polishing job can last a lifetime and sometimes even outlive you! Here are some of the other benefits associated with polished concrete:
- They’re aesthetically pleasing: Polished concrete is the flooring of choice in many commercial spaces like hotels. Factors such as the color of the sand used, the different levels of polishing, the method in which the finisher trowel was operated, the fact that colors were used in the mix or not, etc, can affect the final look and finish of the floor. The options are endless; much like a canvass on which skilled technicians can recreate almost any look and feel! It is also possible to recreate the feel and look of a marble or granite flooring.
- Low maintenance: Contrary to popular opinion, polished concrete floors do not need special attention. All they need is regular cleaning and an occasional mopping. Unlike other floor types, you need not wax polish the floors or coat them to retain their shine and sheen.
When choosing polished concrete, make sure that you choose a good company to undertake the job. Kansas City based polished concrete contractors have more than a decade of experience in the profession.
Americans have a long standing association with wood- they’d happily spend on wood flooring, but think twice to even spend half as much on other flooring options like concrete. Contrary to public opinion, concrete floors offer better value for money and are versatile. Here are some common myths associated with concrete floors and the truth:
- Concrete floors aren’t right for your climate because they’re cold: This may have been true a few years ago when houses weren’t properly insulated. But today, building codes enforced by the government ensure that that a vapor barrier is mandatorily installed to make prevent moisture from being absorbed. In fact, a new blend of concrete mixtures makes it possible for people to install concrete even when the temperature is below freezing.
- Concrete is expensive: True, concrete is a little more expensive when compared to other flooring options like wood, ceramic, etc. But unlike other options, you need not replace the flooring often. All that’s needed is polishing and sealing once in a few years.
- Concrete floors look dull and boring: However said so, hasn’t probably heard about staining concrete. In fact, decorative concrete is an increasingly seen feature on most upscale homes and hotels. Different acid mixes and overlays can help you achieve a wide variety of designs and layouts. In fact, companies often make use of polished concrete to etch their company’s name or logo on the floor.
When looking for concrete flooring options in Kansas City, make sure that you choose Concrete Solutions. They have more than a decade of experience in the industry and offer a wide variety of concrete solutions.