It is generally believed that polished concrete is easy to clean and hence maintenance free. But one should be careful about stains from oil, grease, food particles, and chemicals. It is also important to protect the floor from scratches caused by dust particles. When left unattended, these stains and scratches can damage the floor permanently, causing you re-polish the floor. Here are a few things to be careful about on how to clean polished concrete when cleaning polished concrete;
a) As earlier said, clean spills immediately as they leave a stain on the floor. These leave a permanent mark on the floor.
b) Ensure that a walk-on matt is placed so that people are allowed to allow people stamp their feet before walking on the floor.
c) Dry mopping should be done every day, but here again, much depends on the traffic that the floor is subjected to. For instance, floors with high traffic should be dry mopped more than once.
d) As for wet mopping, make sure that harsh chemicals are not added to the water. A mild detergent should be more than helpful. The harsh chemicals in the cleaners react on the floor and rob it of its shine.
e) Employ the services of a professional cleaning company to protect the floor from deterioration. These professionals make use of diamond impregnated pads that can scrub the floor and retain the shine on the floor.
f) They also make use of specialized chemicals that can be used to protect against abrasions.
When looking for a professional concrete polishing company, Kansas City based Concrete Solutions is the ideal choice. Their decade long experience should help you in getting the perfect shine.
Polished concrete floors are indeed versatile and durable, but it is important that minimum care is taken to ensure that the shine and sheen isn’t lost. Polished concrete, when not maintained properly, can make the floor look dull. Here are a few things that people need to know about maintenance before installing polished concrete floors;
- Unlike other floor types, polished concrete does not need wax polish or sealants. The floor is extremely durable thanks to the densification and extreme polishing that they are made to go through.
- The regularity of the mopping depends on the traffic that the floor is subject to. For instance, floors subject to heavy traffic have to be mopped once in a day to ensure that dust particles do not scratch the surface.
- Harsh chemicals used in common household cleaning solutions remove the shine from the floor. Instead, washing the floor with a mild detergent would suffice. But do not clean without the detergent; dust settles on the floor when plain water is used.
- Do not allow water to dry on the floor. The water stains left on the floor look ugly and are difficult to remove over time.
- Before wet mopping, make sure that you have mopped it well with a dry and soft cloth to remove the dust particles. This makes it easy for you to clean when wet mopping.
- Tea, oil and other staining products should be cleaned instantly. This is to prevent the concrete surface from absorbing any of the material. Stains on these floors can sometimes be permanent.
When looking for a company to undertake polished concrete jobs, make sure that you choose Kansas City based Concrete Solutions. The company has been in the industry for more than ten years and can guarantee utmost satisfaction.
Concrete floors are often subject to bad publicity. ‘They’re so difficult to maintain’, seems to be the main grouse. But contrary to popular opinion, concrete floors are easy to clean and maintain. Unlike other floor types, there are no grout lines, which means you do not have to worry about ugly stains along these lines. They may not be high maintenance, but certainly need regular upkeep. Here are a few things that you need to know to maintain concrete floors;
a) Sand and other dust particles act as abrasives and rob the floor of its shine and sheen. But so do the chemicals found in commonly found cleaning liquids. Instead, use a mild detergent with a microfiber pad to get rid of the dust particles. The water should be clean and so should be the mop. Using water alone, with a cleaning solution would leave the dust particles as they are, on the floor, causing further damage.
b) But before you wet mop, make sure that the dust is removed with a dry and soft pad. The regularity of the cleaning largely depends on the traffic subjected on the floor. Thus, high traffic floors need regular cleaning- at least once in a day.
c) Concrete is a porous material; it absorbs stains quickly. Make sure that you wash off the stains quickly, even if it was subject to concrete coating and sealing.
d) Water should not left on the floor to dry by itself. When wet mopping, make sure that you undertake the process in small areas. i.e., ensure that the area is completely dry before moving on to another area.
When looking for professional concrete coating and sealing service companies, choose the best! Kansas City based Concrete Solutions have more than a decade of experience in undertaking concrete flooring jobs and allied services related to them.